Are you struggling with being PRESENT in your life?
One of the things I do as a Beachbody Coach is train new coaches. This is one of my FAVORITE things! As we begin our journey together one of the first things we talk about is connecting with your “WHY”! Why do you want to be a coach? And not just the first answer the comes to your mind. We dig deep and really learn what each coaches motivation is as well as what is driving them to want to build a successful business!
I shared my why with the latest “trainees” and I felt led to post it here as well! I have been coaching for over 3 years and my reasons for coaching have gotten stronger, deeper and more meaningful with each passing year.
Below is why this was a choice I was meant to make!
Hey, Fit Friends!
I wanted to take a minute of your time to talk about moms and when it’s ok to take a break. I think sometimes, as mothers, we feel like we have to be “on” all the time, 24-7. I have to say, I completely disagree. I think moms need to take time to do things for themselves. I think moms need to take time to escape for a little while, to refuel, refocus and fill their souls up with things that really matter to them.
This last week I’ve been on a trip to Montana. It’s one of my absolute dream trips. I got to do it for the first time last year and it’s become an annual thing. It’s truly my happy place. It’s a place for me to go and completely unplug, unwind and just be me. Every once in awhile, it’s nice to not be a mom or a wife, but just be myself for a week. I get to enjoy the things that I love- horses, mountains, nature. It fills me back up again.
As all moms know, it’s never easy to leave for a trip. There’s a lot to think about before you get on that plane. There are a ton of things that need to be coordinated before you go in order to make sure your home and your kids are taken care of. Let’s face it, as moms and wives, we are the queens of our castle. We make it all run. We make it all flow, day in and day out. There’s so much that we do every day that our husbands may not even be aware of.
I’m a little bit of a control freak and a huge planner, so it takes a lot of preparation for me to be able to walk away from the house for a week and know that everything is going to be ok. I have learned and accepted that while I’m away, it’s ok that things aren’t getting done exactly the way mom would do them. Dad does things his way and that’s totally fine. I no longer worry if the boys’ hair is combed, or if their clothes match, I have let that go. I have decided those kinds of things are not really worth stressing over.
With all that said, I wanted to give you my top 5 tips for things to do before you leave town. When I complete these things before I leave, I know everything is ready. I know everything is in place and my boys will survive without me for a week.
- I do all the laundry. We’ve got baseball going on in our house, and both my boys have games and pictures and all kinds of things going on this week while I’m away. I wanted to make sure their uniforms were all clean and ready to go. On top of that, I just like to make sure all the laundry is done. This way, no matter what they choose to wear, at least I know it’s clean.
- I try to make meals easier. I have purchased some ready-to-heat meals from the grocery store that will be simple for dad to just pop in the oven. I’ve also make salsberry steak and sloppy joe mix so it’s at the ready for them. My husband will be working all day and then trying to get the boys dinner before getting them to their practices and games, and it can be tricky to prepare a meal in that short window between work and activities. It makes me feel better to know that they’re all eating well when I’m not home. I also make sure they have plenty of groceries in the house- fruits and vegetables, things for snacks and lunches, etc.
- I notify my sons’ teachers. I’m usually the go-to. I’m the one the school calls if there’s somebody gets sick, or if there’s an issue at school. While I’m away, it’s really important that they know my husband will be the contact, and I make sure to give them his cell phone number. We’ve also got some friends that are close by, so I let them know what’s going on just in case we need back up. It’s so important to have a network of moms that can help cover your back if need be.
- I coordinate care for the boys. I am normally here when they get home from school. My husband can’t be home every day when they get home from school, so I’ve enlisted the help of some neighborhood college girls who are home for the summer already. They will be here at our home waiting for the boys when they get home from school. I also make sure everyone has everyone’s contact information. Teachers, my husband, the babysitters, they all have each other’s phone numbers just in case.
- I take a deep breath. You know what? Being a mom and a wife is awesome. It comes with so much reward, but it also comes with a lot of work. When I’m about to go on a vacation and leave my role and my duties for a week, I’ve learned to just breathe. I trust that the system will run smoothly while I’m gone and if it doesn’t, they will figure it out along the way.
Yes, I’m a mom and I’m a wife, but I’m also a woman. I have things that are just about me. I don’t have to hold on so tightly to the role of mom and wife that I forget completely about the things that I love. Neither do you. I don’t believe in that. We have to fuel ourselves, or our tanks will run empty.
This vacation has allowed me to do that. I left knowing that my family was taken care of. Mom can take a break, and you can too. Maybe you have a trip coming up soon that you are looking forward to. I hope these tips will help you to leave with a peaceful mind and really enjoy yourself.
I believe that moms deserve a break. There are times when we just need to disappear for a week, or a few days and refuel. Sometimes we need to get grounded again before we step back into our roles as moms and wives.
I pray that when you take a trip, you are able to do it guilt free. Allow yourself to do something that you love, and know that your family will be taken care of and they’ll be just fine while you’re gone.
Y’all have a blessed day.
Hey, Fit Friends!
What is your dream?
One of the things that has been a dream of mine for a really long time, is to take some time off, away from everything and ride horses in the mountains. In God’s country. I wanted to be able to go with one of my girlfriends to experience a week-long getaway in the mountains of Montana.
2 years ago, I wanted to go so badly, but it just wasn’t in the cards for me financially. My girlfriend ended up going without me and when she came back and told me how incredible it was, I became determined to make it happen the next year. So immediately, I put in on my dream board. I also set goals. Things that would need to happen in order for me to reach my dream of going on this amazing trip. It didn’t happen overnight. For that next year, I worked my tail off. I saved chunks of money that I earned from my business and put it all aside to pay for this dream trip of mine. I worked hard and stayed focused on the goal, and then in 2015, I was able to make my dream a reality.
Y’all, it was as fantastic as I imagined it to be. Everything about that trip was a dream come true. I had found my happy place. I came home from that trip after 7 days and my family couldn’t believe how relaxed and at peace I was. My husband told me I was beaming. We talk about certain things in our lives that fuel us. Things that help us connect with ourselves and with God and what makes us tick, horses and mountains make me tick. I grew up on a ranch with horses and I just love them. To be able to make that trip a reality, was an answered prayer.
My point in sharing all of this with you is, I’m about to go again. I leave one week from Monday to go on this trip again. This time my mom is going with me and a few of my sisters-in-law, and some additional friends. I can’t tell you how excited I am to share this experience with more people that I love. When we have dreams and things we want to achieve in our lives, we have to work for them. We can’t just wish for it, we have to work for it. We have to work more than we wish, and that’s true with anything. Whether it’s a trip we want to go on, a business we want to build, a marathon we want to run, whatever the goal may be, we have to work for it. It takes a decision to make a commitment and then the drive to put one foot in front of the other every day toward our goal.
The thing is, when you’re working that hard and really putting in the effort toward achieving your goals… when you finally get there, it is so AWESOME! It makes you feel such an insane sense of accomplishment. I want nothing more than for my boys to see that and have them feel that exact same feeling. They’ve got dreams of their own and I want them to know that it takes work to get there. I want to live that by example for them.
Is there something in your life that you really want? What are you doing to achieve it? What are the steps you’re taking to make that dream a reality? It just takes one step at a time, moving in the right direction. You know what I love to say- progress matters!
Y’all have a blessed day!
Every Day we are closer to Dying.
We don’t always have tomorrow! NOW is what we do have! NOW is when you need to commit to living your best life! Putting off our health is asking to die before our time. It’s truly that simple.
I hear excuses every single day of why people are waiting to take care of themselves. The excuses range from time, money, willpower, fear of failure and more. Reasons that can be overcome when you DECIDE to overcome them.
I understand how we can be excuse ridden. I was that girl once upon a time. But I made a choice and my life has changed forever! I wake up every day full of joy, excitement and knowing that no matter what comes my way I can face it because I am strong, capable and worth it!!!
I became a coach because I Passionately want to help others realize their TRUE potential. I want them to experience what I have. It breaks my heart to see people hurting; Stuck in a paralyzed state and not able to move forward. I want nothing more than to help make a difference in their world. I desire to prove to them that PROGRESS MATTERS, no matter how big or small it is. To link arms with those who are ready to commit to LIVING their best life is an honor and one I take very seriously. The hardest part is that I can’t do it for them. I can provide fitness and meal planning tips, recipes, support, encouragement and motivation but at the end of the day I can’t make them do it. It is an internal decision and without their unwavering commitment, the momentum dies. That kills me but I know that until people are truly committed to making changes; I can only do so much.
So, I ask you: Are you in an excuse ridden state of mind? Do you continue to start and then quit; believing you just can’t do it? Have you asked yourself WHY? Sometimes the reasons are much deeper than we realize.
My prayer for all of you who are in this place is that you choose YOU over any excuse! That you SEIZE THE DAY…today and start a new path that you will ever veer from!
I’m living proof that when you do, everything changes! You change from the inside out. You love yourself, life, every day your given and thrive on the commitment to stay the course!
Don’t believe me? DO it…I mean REALLY, TRULY DO IT & I’ll make you a believer!
PROGRESS MATTERS, my friends!!!
Y’all have a blessed day.